Cryo Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sacked, Chance or Consistency!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Unlucky Saggi
Stardust
Stardust
Unlucky Saggi

Stats
Lv: 28
Experience Bar:
Sacked, Chance or Consistency! Left_bar_bleue69/140Sacked, Chance or Consistency! Empty_bar_bleue  (69/140)

Sacked, Chance or Consistency! Empty
PostSubject: Sacked, Chance or Consistency!   Sacked, Chance or Consistency! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 12:57 am

People always have this tendency to reply with the word "sack" after they've been hit with an amazing top deck, an amazing come back or the overall basic powerful play. In a game where luck is a factor, probability will show that it is unreasonable to expect things to go your way.

The best decks in Yu-Gi-Oh! always involved two factors which have had explosive and/or consistent card combos. Games are won by the player who executes such plays available to them while maintaining dominance of the game.

Chance:
A common example this format is Wind-Up Magician and Wind-Up Shark. Assuming someone is using a 40 card deck where three copies of these cards are played there's a 13.3% chance that you would open with both of those cards. The chances of getting OTK'd via these two cards on the first turn should not happen often.

Consistency:
When you include, Wind-Up Factory with Wind-Up Rabbit, (or Tour-Guide of the Underworld) Wind-Up Factory and Wind-Up Shark this just pushes the percentage of the OTK, even a bigger/counter push higher. Having consistency in decks is what helps you get to those outs, even combo peices faster which, in the end, helps you control the pace of the game.

There's more examples but stating them would seem moot. Sometimes you would have the better hand, other times vice-versa, it's as simple as that. Although, it isn't to say neither of you will not try your best to win. Accepting that you didn't get "sacked" for situations completely out of your control will make things easier, not only on your opponent, but also on yourself. I'm not saying you shouldn't feel salty after you had the game, but lost due to a play you weren't expecting, but I guess that's Yu-Gi-Oh!.

Last edited by Unlucky Saggi on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:54 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nudist
Stardust
Stardust
Nudist

Stats
Lv: 12
Experience Bar:
Sacked, Chance or Consistency! Left_bar_bleue67/60Sacked, Chance or Consistency! Empty_bar_bleue  (67/60)

PostSubject: Re: Sacked, Chance or Consistency!   Sacked, Chance or Consistency! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 12:59 am

All the grammar issues I corrected...gone.
Back to top Go down
Unlucky Saggi
Stardust
Stardust
Unlucky Saggi

Stats
Experience Bar:
Sacked, Chance or Consistency! Left_bar_bleue69/140Sacked, Chance or Consistency! Empty_bar_bleue  (69/140)

PostSubject: Re: Sacked, Chance or Consistency!   Sacked, Chance or Consistency! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 1:02 am

gareki wrote:
All the grammar issues I corrected...gone.

I didn't understand the meshing of Chance and Consistency.
I did use some of your changes of has/have "I think", shortened sentences and even "tried" to understand your corrections, but to no avail. QQ Pikachu

Last edited by Unlucky Saggi on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nudist
Stardust
Stardust
Nudist

Stats
Lv: 12
Experience Bar:
Sacked, Chance or Consistency! Left_bar_bleue67/60Sacked, Chance or Consistency! Empty_bar_bleue  (67/60)

PostSubject: Re: Sacked, Chance or Consistency!   Sacked, Chance or Consistency! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 1:17 am

Why do I have a degree? Means nothing apparently.
Back to top Go down
Unlucky Saggi
Stardust
Stardust
Unlucky Saggi

Stats
Experience Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Sacked, Chance or Consistency!   Sacked, Chance or Consistency! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 6:56 am

gareki wrote:
Why do I have a degree? Means nothing apparently.
Sacked, Chance or Consistency! Tumblr_medryoEAat1qdybmoo1_400
Back to top Go down
Lunatic
Star
Star
Lunatic

Stats
Lv: 13
Experience Bar:
Sacked, Chance or Consistency! Left_bar_bleue54/65Sacked, Chance or Consistency! Empty_bar_bleue  (54/65)

PostSubject: Re: Sacked, Chance or Consistency!   Sacked, Chance or Consistency! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 10:32 am

Very Nice Article :D
Back to top Go down
Kyonaru
Administrator
Administrator
Kyonaru

Stats
Lv: 22
Experience Bar:
Sacked, Chance or Consistency! Left_bar_bleue52/110Sacked, Chance or Consistency! Empty_bar_bleue  (52/110)

PostSubject: Re: Sacked, Chance or Consistency!   Sacked, Chance or Consistency! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 1:40 pm

Chance =/= Consistency = Sack
^ Luck: It all depends whether DN hates you or not, unlike IRL. Chance should not be considered a factor in real life duels. If you sack, it means your deck is consistent. If your deck is consistent, and you lose a lot, you need to learn how to use it better, because it's the player that makes the deck.
Back to top Go down
Unlucky Saggi
Stardust
Stardust
Unlucky Saggi

Stats
Experience Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Sacked, Chance or Consistency!   Sacked, Chance or Consistency! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 7:25 pm

Kyonaru wrote:
If your deck is consistent, and you lose a lot, you need to learn how to use it better, because it's the player that makes the deck.

I like this.

Thanks for the feedback, man.
You too, Fin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sacked, Chance or Consistency!   Sacked, Chance or Consistency! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sacked, Chance or Consistency!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cryo Duel Academy :: Classrooms :: Articles-
Jump to: