Administrator
Administrator

Stats
Lv: Calamity ♥
Experience Bar:
6375/6375  (6375/6375)

PostSubject: Studying   Sat May 04, 2013 4:21 pm

Yes I know, grose.

Seriously though, how do you guys study? I actually have never been able to study (if at all) so far in my life.

I usually rely on my terribru memory to carry me through school and well, reviewing stuff before class.

So....I'm an underachiever who would like to tryhard now. God knows why people think I'm smart LOL.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cryo.forumotion.com
Vendetta
Shooting Star
Shooting Star

Stats
Lv: 26
Experience Bar:
81/130  (81/130)

PostSubject: Re: Studying   Sat May 04, 2013 5:57 pm

Through out all of high school and college, i never really studied; i rarely studied, using the internet or reading a book supplied from school. I just used my intuition when it comes to tests and exams, I just think classes are enough for me.

I appear lazy with the studying, but i passed a lot of stuff, so win win?

"Killing is an art unto itself and I am Rembrandt"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satan
Shooting Star
Shooting Star

Stats
Lv: 27
Experience Bar:
49/135  (49/135)

PostSubject: Re: Studying   Sat May 04, 2013 6:29 pm

@Vendetta wrote:
Through out all of high school and college, i never really studied; i rarely studied, using the internet or reading a book supplied from school. I just used my intuition when it comes to tests and exams, I just think classes are enough for me.

Pretty much that for me ^

Never studied, last time i picked up a book to study was around third grade i believe.

My short term memory sucks so simple stuff people ask me to do is terribru but when it comes to school stuff i remember it like an elephant.

They never forget anything, but yeah most people study with audio, visual, or writing it. I tend to excel at all 3.

So i don't study from a book.

TL;DR I don't study, my school memory is epic.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vendetta
Shooting Star
Shooting Star

Stats
Lv: 26
Experience Bar:
81/130  (81/130)

PostSubject: Re: Studying   Sat May 04, 2013 6:36 pm

@Satan wrote:
@Vendetta wrote:

Never studied, last time i picked up a book to study was around third grade i believe.

My short term memory sucks so simple stuff people ask me to do is terribru but when it comes to school stuff i remember it like an elephant.

They never forget anything, but yeah most people study with audio, visual, or writing it. I tend to excel at all 3.

Let's be lazy together. ?

"Killing is an art unto itself and I am Rembrandt"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
! ! Weevil Underwood
Stardust
Stardust

PostSubject: Re: Studying   Sat May 04, 2013 7:20 pm

I honestly just think a lot when i'm reading the simplest things. I got an AP coming up this wed. and that's how iv'e been able to study. When i say think a lot i mean like... Say your studying for your anatomy paper and you read "The radius is medial the ulna" When i read that i think "Oh yeah we talked about that like 2 months ago" then i go i try to think of the memorable things that happened at that time "Thats when sha asked michelle to prom and got totally rejected! :D" then i build a background of what else i learned that day "She also said the radius extended to the thumb side of the hand". And basically dwell on that thought for a long time building as much context as possible and it actually works! (Actually during my test 2 weeks ago i almost forgot the anatomical positions of the radius and ulna, I started looking around then figured it out after staring at michelle for a second) The whole idea behind my studying is to memorize by relation. It's not really meant for immediate memory but more for a testing setting where u have time to think of each question. It'll take sometime before what you need pops into your head but it's a lot more usefull for long term memory. If you need something short term and immediately pops into your head then try repetition. Hope i could help :D

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kirschire
Administrator
Administrator

Stats
Experience Bar:
6375/6375  (6375/6375)

PostSubject: Re: Studying   Sat May 04, 2013 7:42 pm

@! ! Weevil Underwood wrote:
I honestly just think a lot when i'm reading the simplest things. I got an AP coming up this wed. and that's how iv'e been able to study. When i say think a lot i mean like... Say your studying for your anatomy paper and you read "The radius is medial the ulna" When i read that i think "Oh yeah we talked about that like 2 months ago" then i go i try to think of the memorable things that happened at that time "Thats when sha asked michelle to prom and got totally rejected! :D" then i build a background of what else i learned that day "She also said the radius extended to the thumb side of the hand". And basically dwell on that thought for a long time building as much context as possible and it actually works! (Actually during my test 2 weeks ago i almost forgot the anatomical positions of the radius and ulna, I started looking around then figured it out after staring at michelle for a second) The whole idea behind my studying is to memorize by relation. It's not really meant for immediate memory but more for a testing setting where u have time to think of each question. It'll take sometime before what you need pops into your head but it's a lot more usefull for long term memory. If you need something short term and immediately pops into your head then try repetition. Hope i could help :D

Anatomy was something I adored.

Anyways so basically, I'm good to go.

...just need to put in more effort I guess LOL
Back to top Go down
Pøtato
Administrator
Administrator

Stats
Lv: King of Potatoes
Experience Bar:
6375/6375  (6375/6375)

PostSubject: Re: Studying   Sat May 04, 2013 10:12 pm

Do what i do, memorize everything from reading it once. AP is easy~

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satan
Shooting Star
Shooting Star

Stats
Lv: 27
Experience Bar:
49/135  (49/135)

PostSubject: Re: Studying   Sun May 05, 2013 3:00 am

@Vendetta wrote:
@Satan wrote:
@Vendetta wrote:

Let's be lazy together. ?

Yus.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kirschire
Administrator
Administrator

Stats
Experience Bar:
6375/6375  (6375/6375)

PostSubject: Re: Studying   Mon May 06, 2013 2:05 am

...how to study for YGO tho?

squints

I'm still bad at rulings

Back to top Go down
Xaqairy Atlas
Star
Star

Stats
Lv: 12
Experience Bar:
48/60  (48/60)

PostSubject: Re: Studying   Mon May 06, 2013 6:54 am

Studying? What sorcery is that? Can I eat it?

Banners:

Number of QTs:
9 as a Participant
Number of Missed QTs:
Elsword: 1
Laziness: 4
Church: 5
Work: 28
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://timewarprp.forumotion.com
Nudist
Stardust
Stardust

Stats
Lv: 12
Experience Bar:
67/60  (67/60)

PostSubject: Re: Studying   Mon May 06, 2013 12:24 pm

You need a tutor to teach you how to study properly. From there the rest is easy.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinda

Stats
Lv: 14
Experience Bar:
12/70  (12/70)

PostSubject: Re: Studying   Mon May 06, 2013 12:36 pm

Who actually gets a tutor... School is easy, no studying required, if you do all your work you can breeze right through.

Studying is literally like a myth to me

hue hue hue

Spoilers because this sig would be big without it...
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Studying   

Back to top Go down

Studying
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1