Cryo Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question about testing format

Go down 
+2
Arial
Kitty
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kitty
Stardust
Stardust
Kitty

Stats
Lv: 1
Experience Bar:
Question about testing format Left_bar_bleue0/5Question about testing format Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5)

Question about testing format Empty
PostSubject: Question about testing format   Question about testing format I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 10:11 pm

I don't get the siding scoring. I don't think it's really fair to some people who don't side with the decks, do to the deck not really needing it.

Like my dragons. They don't really require siding. It's built to work so good together as is. if i ever side it's usually only 1 or 2 cards. So losing points for it when my deck doesn't really need it doesn't seem very fair :/
Back to top Go down
Arial
Arial

Stats
Experience Bar:
Question about testing format Left_bar_bleue0/5Question about testing format Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5)

PostSubject: Re: Question about testing format   Question about testing format I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 11:59 pm

I agree... I will forward this to Ai.
Siding should not be required for the testing format IMO.

Back to top Go down
Dr. J. Breezy
Quasar
Quasar
Dr. J. Breezy

Stats
Lv: Captain Swagger
Experience Bar:
Question about testing format Left_bar_bleue6375/6375Question about testing format Empty_bar_bleue  (6375/6375)

PostSubject: Re: Question about testing format   Question about testing format I_icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 11:59 pm

Generally, siding is important because it allows us to have a better understanding of how well you can adapt to certain situations. You'd be surprised at how many games can be won AND lost because of one's sidedecking ability.
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Stardust
Stardust
Kitty

Stats
Experience Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Question about testing format   Question about testing format I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 12:15 am

It's not that important though. Some decks are built with a natural adaption. Like my dragons.

Back to top Go down
Dr. J. Breezy
Quasar
Quasar
Dr. J. Breezy

Stats
Lv: Captain Swagger
Experience Bar:
Question about testing format Left_bar_bleue6375/6375Question about testing format Empty_bar_bleue  (6375/6375)

PostSubject: Re: Question about testing format   Question about testing format I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 12:24 am

In reality, it depends on the build.

Theoretically, after game 1, when a player comes to the realization that some cards don't really work against a particular deck, naturally what the player does is take out those cards that don't work and replace those with cards that can counter a particular deck. Hence forth, adaptation to certain situations.
Back to top Go down
Yota
Administrator
Administrator
Yota

Stats
Lv: Bloody Shinigami
Experience Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Question about testing format   Question about testing format I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 12:40 am

I don't think that any deck can adapt to EVERY situation. Siding is an important part of dueling, which may help you to cover your deck's weaknesses or to counter other decks more easily.
You say you run Dragons. There are many ways to beat Dragons. If you lose round 1, your opponent sides to completely destroy your strategy or counter you more efficiently and you do NOT side, you'll most probably lose the whole match.
In my oppinion, siding is an important aspect in duels that should always be considered.
Back to top Go down
Driven57
Stardust
Stardust
Driven57

Stats
Lv: 4
Experience Bar:
Question about testing format Left_bar_bleue9/20Question about testing format Empty_bar_bleue  (9/20)

PostSubject: Re: Question about testing format   Question about testing format I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 10:33 am

Jay Breezy wrote:
In reality, it depends on the build.

Theoretically, after game 1, when a player comes to the realization that some cards don't really work against a particular deck, naturally what the player does is take out those cards that don't work and replace those with cards that can counter a particular deck. Hence forth, adaptation to certain situations.

Agreed!
Back to top Go down
Lt. Cl. »»ºΚǻĬźėŘº tW1x
Stardust
Stardust
Lt. Cl. »»ºΚǻĬźėŘº tW1x

Stats
Experience Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Question about testing format   Question about testing format I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 7:35 am

Siding is important. 'Nough said, lol. Nah, just kidding.

Basically, there are 15 cards for each side deck, right? Indeed it is important ^_^. Think about it in different aspects, if your deck is the type to actually run cards which cannot stop a specific arc type, there are cards you can side to prepare for them. I'm basically stating, a side deck are cards composed of things that can counter another deck during match duels.

Preferably speaking, they are cards which can adapt to any situations.

For example, some of my decks sides Cydra, Chimeratech and DNA Surgery for the simple fact you're dueling an OTK.

Another example is siding Maxx "C", Veiler and Crow. Chain'D, Soul Drain and Skill Drain are another good examples of side cards. Royal Decree too.

See what I'm getting at? Side decks helps you in a duel. Whether you're like me, who sides for every arc type or a straight forward player that would adjust your deck's flexibility.

In dueling, especially if the deck you're using is something you love and barely use, siding is important, thus, enabling adaptation to any situation and the fact that you can create another form of combos with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about testing format   Question about testing format I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question about testing format
Page 1 of 1