Cryo Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

World Series of Cryo

Go down 
+16
Lunatic
DanteValentine
Sam-kun
Bloody Psycho
Pikachu
Driclone
evanfire505
zane Truesdale03
Cryo Kid
Nox+Novus
jim
Enraged!{FAP}
I'm A Sissy
Yota
Vip
Dr. J. Breezy
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dr. J. Breezy
Quasar
Quasar
Dr. J. Breezy

Stats
Lv: Captain Swagger
Experience Bar:
World Series of Cryo - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue6375/6375World Series of Cryo - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (6375/6375)

World Series of Cryo - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: World Series of Cryo   World Series of Cryo - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 3:13 pm

First topic message reminder :

~The World Series of Cryo Academy~

Greetings everyone! Welcome to the first ever World Series of Cryo, an event that sure to be action packed and loads of fun!!! It'll be an event that is sure to have you at the edge of your seats (sort of)! I shall explain the basic regulations below.

*All matches will be 2-out-3 with sides.

*You are encouraged to take screenshots of your wins. If you cannot, a confirmation will be required from your opponent.

*Cryo's standard Deck Banlist applies.

*You can use any deck you wish, as long as you comply with our Banlist. You can change your deck after each Round.

*All standard Cryo Academy rules apply.

This event shall consist of 2 "Phases".

Phase 1 will be Swiss Format. You will play a set number of rounds depending of number of participants. Only a certain number of players will advance to Phase 2, again, depending on the number of players.

Phase 2 will be Double Elimination to determine Cryo's World Series Champion!

I shall warn you now that this will be a long tournament. If you intend to participate, you must be active!!! If a match is not completed within a certain amount of time, a tie or a match loss will be given depending on the situation, so please try your best to be active!

With all this being said, I shall open up the registration process now. All I need from you is your DN Username and some assurance that you will do your best to be an active player. I don't want to give anyone a loss or a disqualification due to inactivity.

Sign-ups will be open for as long as I see fit. The festivities will begin when I feel that we have enough competitors. On that note, sign up nao ploxz!!!

Phase 1 Prizes

10 EXP for each match win
5 EXP for each match loss or tie

Bonus EXP may be given at the conclusion of this Phase.

Phase 2 Prizes

1st Place: 500 EXP
2nd Place: 300 EXP
3rd Place: 200 EXP
4th Place: 100 EXP
All Others: 50 EXP

Other prizes may be awarded, but only at an Admin's discretion.

Participants

1. JayBreezy
2. Vip<3
3. Bloody Kiss
4. bowganian
5. Enraged!
6. Destiny_Master
7. NoxNovus
8. lewis_emilio
9. flamvelldestruction
10. evanfire
11. Driclone
12. white_dragon35
13. neo raver
14. BagelBoi
15. DanteValentine
16. TheSpecialGentleman
17. roberto02
18. alex53097
19. oz_vessalius
20. JackAtlas !

Last edited by Jay Breezy on Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:26 pm; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
I'm A Sissy
Stardust
Stardust
I'm A Sissy

Stats
Lv: 6
Experience Bar:
World Series of Cryo - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue15/30World Series of Cryo - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (15/30)

PostSubject: Re: World Series of Cryo   World Series of Cryo - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 9:37 pm

when shall it start?
Back to top Go down
Entay
Stardust
Stardust
Entay

Stats
Lv: 15
Experience Bar:
World Series of Cryo - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue5/75World Series of Cryo - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (5/75)

PostSubject: Re: World Series of Cryo   World Series of Cryo - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 9:43 pm

I will answer this question by quoting the original post:

"Sign-ups will be open for as long as I see fit. The festivities will begin when I feel that we have enough competitors. On that note, sign up nao ploxz!!!"
Back to top Go down
Dr. J. Breezy
Quasar
Quasar
Dr. J. Breezy

Stats
Experience Bar:
World Series of Cryo - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue6375/6375World Series of Cryo - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (6375/6375)

PostSubject: Re: World Series of Cryo   World Series of Cryo - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 9:52 pm

Seems like we don't really have anyone else that may be interested. I'll leave the sign-ups open for another day or two. If no one else joins by that time, I'll start it off. Until then, please do your best to exercise patience.
Back to top Go down
Xaqairy Atlas
Star
Star
Xaqairy Atlas

Stats
Lv: 12
Experience Bar:
World Series of Cryo - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue48/60World Series of Cryo - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (48/60)

PostSubject: Re: World Series of Cryo   World Series of Cryo - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 11:02 pm

Ok, go ahead and add me in. My internet hasn't been derpy lately so it should work while I'm dueling. I hope.
Back to top Go down
http://timewarprp.forumotion.com
Dr. J. Breezy
Quasar
Quasar
Dr. J. Breezy

Stats
Experience Bar:

PostSubject: Re: World Series of Cryo   World Series of Cryo - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 11:16 pm

Moar peepul ploxz!
Back to top Go down
Driclone
Driclone

Stats
Lv: 10
Experience Bar:
World Series of Cryo - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue2/50World Series of Cryo - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (2/50)

PostSubject: Re: World Series of Cryo   World Series of Cryo - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 10:45 am

By the way, the first round is battle city style?
Back to top Go down
Dr. J. Breezy
Quasar
Quasar
Dr. J. Breezy

Stats
Experience Bar:

PostSubject: Re: World Series of Cryo   World Series of Cryo - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 12:46 pm

If by "battle city style" you mean....never mind.

The 1st Phase of the competition, as stated in the OP, is Swiss Format. Everyone will play a set number of rounds in the format, which I will determine once the registrations are done. The top players with the best records at the end of the 1st Phase will advance to the 2nd Phase in which that will be double elimination.

All partcipants will be awarded for their efforts so no one goes away empty-handed.

Last edited by Jay Breezy on Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Driclone
Driclone

Stats
Experience Bar:
World Series of Cryo - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue2/50World Series of Cryo - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (2/50)

PostSubject: Re: World Series of Cryo   World Series of Cryo - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 3:29 pm

Well i mostly thought Battle City style, meaning you go and hunt others to get as much win as you can.
Back to top Go down
Dr. J. Breezy
Quasar
Quasar
Dr. J. Breezy

Stats
Experience Bar:

PostSubject: Re: World Series of Cryo   World Series of Cryo - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 3:42 pm

Its not going to be that way.

For Phase 1, I enter your names in a bracket, then shuffle them up.

The reason I decided to do Phase 1 in Swiss is to give an equal amount of playing time to all the participants, and also to have clear indication as to who to the top players in the event really are with no complications. After each round in the Swiss, steps are taking so that you don't play against the same player twice. This way, the results are more definitive.
Back to top Go down
Dr. J. Breezy
Quasar
Quasar
Dr. J. Breezy

Stats
Experience Bar:

PostSubject: Re: World Series of Cryo   World Series of Cryo - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 12:38 am

Double post ftw
I'll leave this open for 1 more day. After that, we'll get this party started.
Back to top Go down
Driclone
Driclone

Stats
Experience Bar:

PostSubject: Re: World Series of Cryo   World Series of Cryo - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 10:07 am

Just to warn you, I won,t be able to duel until Monday, i'm going to an anime convention.
Back to top Go down
Dr. J. Breezy
Quasar
Quasar
Dr. J. Breezy

Stats
Experience Bar:

PostSubject: Re: World Series of Cryo   World Series of Cryo - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 3:27 pm

REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED!!!!

I will post the Phase 1 bracket in a new topic.

Good luck everyone!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Series of Cryo   World Series of Cryo - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World Series of Cryo
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2