Cryo Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Doin' It the Breezy Way: Little City

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dr. J. Breezy
Quasar
Quasar
Dr. J. Breezy

Stats
Lv: Captain Swagger
Experience Bar:
Doin' It the Breezy Way: Little City Left_bar_bleue6375/6375Doin' It the Breezy Way: Little City Empty_bar_bleue  (6375/6375)

Doin' It the Breezy Way: Little City Empty
PostSubject: Doin' It the Breezy Way: Little City   Doin' It the Breezy Way: Little City I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 2:44 pm

As many may already know, I'm a huge fan of HEROs. Here's my take on a variant of such an archetype which has been seemingly neglected in recent formats: Little City!!!

12 Monsters

1x Elemental HERO Stratos
3x Elemental HERO Neos Alius
2x Elemental HERO Captain Gold
1x Elemental HERO Bubbleman
2x Thunder King Rai-Oh
2x Photon Thrasher
1x Honest

16 Spells

3x Skyscraper
3x Miracle Fusion
3x Gemini Spark
2x Pot of Duality
2x E - Emergency Call
1x Reinforcement of the Army
1x Dark Hole
1x Monster Reborn

12 Traps

2x Hero Blast
2x Skill Drain
2x Bottomless Trap Hole
2x Torrential Tribute
2x Solemn Warning
1x Solemn Judgment
1x Starlight Road

Extra Deck

3x Elemental HERO The Shining
1x Elemental HERO Absolute Zero
1x Elemental HERO Gaia
1x Elemental HERO Great Tornado
1x Elemental HERO Nova Master

1x Blade Armor Ninja
1x Maestroke the Symphony Djinn
1x Gem-Knight Pearl
1x Steelswarm Roach
1x Number 16: Shock Master
1x Number 39: Utopia
1x Number C39: Utopia Ray

1x Stardust Dragon

https://i.imgur.com/kVCIY.jpg

If you're not familiar with Little City, I'll explain briefly. Little City is more of a stun-based variant of the standard HERO Beats. Skill Drain plays a key role in the deck as it is generally a great wall against many decks that rely on their monsters' effects. Monsters such as Captain Gold and Photon Trasher can benefit from Skill Drain being active. You could add Beast King Barbaros for more beatdown power. Since we're dealing with mainly LIGHT monsters, Honest is here to help get over the opponent's problematic monsters. Bubbleman is merely a personal preference of mine as he can grant access to Rank 4 Xyz and fast Fusion Summons. Thunder King stops searches and big inherent Special Summons. He can also get around Skill Drain; since sending him to the grave is a cost, the negation effect is applied in the grave.

Other techs you may consider may include Crusader of Endymion, Cyber Dragon, and DD Warrior Lady. Crusader is a LIGHT Level 4 Gemini. See the synergy there? Cyber Dragon is free summon and great for Chimeratech shenanigans against machines. DD Warrior Lady banishes stuff, enough said. Gemini Spark is your alternative to MSTs and provides draw power. The deal with Skyscraper is that it helps your Heros get over the opponent's most troublesome monsters when you don't have access to Honest.

In the Extra, we have the standard Hero fusion lineup. 3 Shinings as your big beater and recycler of your banished Heros. The Xyz lineup is rather standard. Finally, we have Stardust for the Starlight Road. Something here will be replaced with Escuridao when he becomes TCG legal (living in North America region FTL).

When played properly and you have your setups, the opposition option's would
be crippled to say the least and its just an all-around fun deck to play! I guess this wasn't a very brief explanation after all...

Enjoy!

Last edited by Jay Breezy on Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Xaqairy Atlas
Star
Star
Xaqairy Atlas

Stats
Lv: 12
Experience Bar:
Doin' It the Breezy Way: Little City Left_bar_bleue48/60Doin' It the Breezy Way: Little City Empty_bar_bleue  (48/60)

PostSubject: Re: Doin' It the Breezy Way: Little City   Doin' It the Breezy Way: Little City I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 11:09 pm

Are you sure D.D. Warrior Lady gets around Skill Drain? Her effect applies at the same time a FLIP effect would, so I'm pretty sure it doesn't. If I'm wrong, could you find the ruling, please?
Back to top Go down
http://timewarprp.forumotion.com
Dr. J. Breezy
Quasar
Quasar
Dr. J. Breezy

Stats
Experience Bar:
Doin' It the Breezy Way: Little City Left_bar_bleue6375/6375Doin' It the Breezy Way: Little City Empty_bar_bleue  (6375/6375)

PostSubject: Re: Doin' It the Breezy Way: Little City   Doin' It the Breezy Way: Little City I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 11:15 pm

I seemed to have overlooked the part about damage calculation. My bad. XD
Back to top Go down
Driclone
Driclone

Stats
Lv: 10
Experience Bar:
Doin' It the Breezy Way: Little City Left_bar_bleue2/50Doin' It the Breezy Way: Little City Empty_bar_bleue  (2/50)

PostSubject: Re: Doin' It the Breezy Way: Little City   Doin' It the Breezy Way: Little City I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 10:48 am

Could Skyscraper 2 fit in that? Could help recycling the heroes in grave too.
Back to top Go down
Dr. J. Breezy
Quasar
Quasar
Dr. J. Breezy

Stats
Experience Bar:

PostSubject: Re: Doin' It the Breezy Way: Little City   Doin' It the Breezy Way: Little City I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 12:57 pm

Driclone wrote:
Could Skyscraper 2 fit in that?

Not quite.

While you want maintain to field presence with the heroes, which Skyscraper 2 can help do, you'll have enough protection and enough resouces to do so by any other means.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doin' It the Breezy Way: Little City   Doin' It the Breezy Way: Little City I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Doin' It the Breezy Way: Little City
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cryo Duel Academy :: Decks :: Deck Showcase-
Jump to: