Cryo Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Cute Popsicles Come Hither! - Important

Go down 
+4
The Saber Man
Lord Tubbington
Vendetta
Kirschire
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kirschire
Administrator
Administrator
Kirschire

Stats
Lv: Calamity ♥
Experience Bar:
My Cute Popsicles Come Hither! - Important - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue6375/6375My Cute Popsicles Come Hither! - Important - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (6375/6375)

My Cute Popsicles Come Hither! - Important - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: My Cute Popsicles Come Hither! - Important   My Cute Popsicles Come Hither! - Important - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 1:13 pm

First topic message reminder :

So a few months have passed since the installment of the Teacher position and the section that came with it. I think it's completely useless so I'm going to trash that idea and make room for something we'll all use. Props to Charlie for being the first teacher and trying to make my idea work. Now that I've tried my ideas, I want you guys to throw your ideas at me.

I need ideas on:
  • New position(s)
  • New section(s)
  • Whatever else that'll make you guys happy

>> Positions

Positions as in Admin, Mod, and etc so when you suggest a position we should add, please explain what their role is.

>> Sections

Explain what the section is for unless the name is self-explanatory like announcements. (pfft) Please try and suggest a section that everyone might post in and not a section just for your own interest.

>> Other

So suggest maybe features you guys want?

- Vyse ♥

Last edited by Seychelles ♥ on Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://cryo.forumotion.com

AuthorMessage
Kirschire
Administrator
Administrator
Kirschire

Stats
Experience Bar:
My Cute Popsicles Come Hither! - Important - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue6375/6375My Cute Popsicles Come Hither! - Important - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (6375/6375)

PostSubject: Re: My Cute Popsicles Come Hither! - Important   My Cute Popsicles Come Hither! - Important - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 1:48 pm

Spinda wrote:
Kirito wrote:
Vyse ♥ wrote:
-I like the mentor idea the most so far and I think we should definitely give it a try. Yes, I like mentor better than adviser.

iunno sounds like a sophisticated word for a pretty straight forward job

YAY~ You liked my mentor idea! Basically a re-edit of the guidance counselor idea, but still.

WOOSH~

Ok, I honestly cannot believe you haven't noticed this... Mentor is a synonym for teacher, which we got rid of. The point of being a teacher was to teach people to become better duelists, if you had paid the dp, both the dp and teacher are now gone, and the point of mentoring is to teach 2-3 people at a time to become better duelists in order to be eligible to teach others to become better duelists. See the pattern? Mentoring is just an upgraded version of being a teacher, except you don't pay to get taught, you teach more than one, and when you're good, you teach others.

Js .-.

Even if the word is a synonym, it doesn't mean the execution of this idea will be the same. We'll have mentors make a thread about themselves and they'll be allowed only two students of which they can choose from. That way similar people can learn from each other. Whether it's their dueling style, deck choices, strengths, or just personality. I'm considering on not making this a position to avoid applications and people applying just for the power trip or their fondness of a certain color.

As for how we'll choose who could be a mentor/adviser...the following options:

A. Admin's judgement
B. Duel test
C. Let whoever wants to be a mentor to be one
D. Members vote?

______

"upgraded version"

This is good btw Spinda since the whole point of the academy is to get everyone to a level where they feel confident when they duel or at least feel comfortable with their own deck.

______

Keep replying guys~ Love ya, Vyse ♥
Back to top Go down
Kirschire
Administrator
Administrator
Kirschire

Stats
Experience Bar:

PostSubject: Re: My Cute Popsicles Come Hither! - Important   My Cute Popsicles Come Hither! - Important - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 5:12 pm

Bump~

I might put this idea into action sometime today so get your opinions and questions in~
Back to top Go down
Kirschire
Administrator
Administrator
Kirschire

Stats
Experience Bar:

PostSubject: Re: My Cute Popsicles Come Hither! - Important   My Cute Popsicles Come Hither! - Important - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 12:23 am

Bump!
Back to top Go down
GalaxyWolfz
Stardust
Stardust
GalaxyWolfz

Stats
Lv: 4
Experience Bar:
My Cute Popsicles Come Hither! - Important - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/20My Cute Popsicles Come Hither! - Important - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/20)

PostSubject: Re: My Cute Popsicles Come Hither! - Important   My Cute Popsicles Come Hither! - Important - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 3:11 am

Since everyone of us have our own playing style and our own main deck, why not we send our info of our playing style and main deck to the admin and the admin will group all those people with the same playing style together for the mentoring program? Also, we could get the admin to give us a test using our main deck to determine who should be a mentor and who shouldn't. It'll be better to train duelist based on their main deck instead of other decks that they made for fun. Main deck as in the deck that you're best suited with. IMO, a control duelist should teach another control duelist instead of an aggro duelist, vice versa.
Back to top Go down
Kirschire
Administrator
Administrator
Kirschire

Stats
Experience Bar:

PostSubject: Re: My Cute Popsicles Come Hither! - Important   My Cute Popsicles Come Hither! - Important - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 1:03 pm

GalaxyWolfz wrote:
Since everyone of us have our own playing style and our own main deck, why not we send our info of our playing style and main deck to the admin and the admin will group all those people with the same playing style together for the mentoring program? Also, we could get the admin to give us a test using our main deck to determine who should be a mentor and who shouldn't. It'll be better to train duelist based on their main deck instead of other decks that they made for fun. Main deck as in the deck that you're best suited with. IMO, a control duelist should teach another control duelist instead of an aggro duelist, vice versa.

Thank you~ <3 I appreciate your input. I will have to-be mentors tested before they're allowed then. However, I'll stick to the idea of having them post a thread about themselves which includes decks they use and their playing style. So students can choose instead.

Sound good, peeps?

Back to top Go down
GalaxyWolfz
Stardust
Stardust
GalaxyWolfz

Stats
Lv: 4
Experience Bar:
My Cute Popsicles Come Hither! - Important - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/20My Cute Popsicles Come Hither! - Important - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/20)

PostSubject: Re: My Cute Popsicles Come Hither! - Important   My Cute Popsicles Come Hither! - Important - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 11:13 am

How about a Consultant? Their role would be to answer any kind of question that they received as long they are okay with answering. We can say consult them about Rulings, Decks, Formats, Random Stuffs, Personal Problems that You're Facing In Real Life.
Back to top Go down
The Saber Man
Star
Star
The Saber Man

Stats
Lv: 11
Experience Bar:
My Cute Popsicles Come Hither! - Important - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/55My Cute Popsicles Come Hither! - Important - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/55)

PostSubject: Re: My Cute Popsicles Come Hither! - Important   My Cute Popsicles Come Hither! - Important - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 11:14 am

GalaxyWolfz wrote:
How about a Consultant? Their role would be to answer any kind of question that they received as long they are okay with answering. We can say consult them about Rulings, Decks, Formats, Random Stuffs, Personal Problems that You're Facing In Real Life.

We have the Admin offices for that. Just tell them to allow us to necro-post in them o-o
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Cute Popsicles Come Hither! - Important   My Cute Popsicles Come Hither! - Important - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Cute Popsicles Come Hither! - Important
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2