Cryo Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New tourney? Yes please!

Go down 
+7
Driclone
Yota
Satan
GalaxyWolfz
Lord Tubbington
Dr. J. Breezy
Kirschire
11 posters

Next Tourney?
Dark Rainbow Dragon's
New tourney? Yes please! I_vote_lcap0%New tourney? Yes please! I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Wolfz
New tourney? Yes please! I_vote_lcap60%New tourney? Yes please! I_vote_rcap
 60% [ 3 ]
Kirito's
New tourney? Yes please! I_vote_lcap40%New tourney? Yes please! I_vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
Armand's
 0% [ 0 ]
Xapieeer's
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
Kirschire
Administrator
Administrator
Kirschire

Stats
Lv: Calamity ♥
Experience Bar:
New tourney? Yes please! Left_bar_bleue6375/6375New tourney? Yes please! Empty_bar_bleue  (6375/6375)

New tourney? Yes please! Empty
PostSubject: New tourney? Yes please!   New tourney? Yes please! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 10:44 pm

With Jay's tourney almost done I feel like we should host a new tourney for those who didn't get the chance to join in any events. Instead of us deciding a tourney idea again, I'd like to hear your suggestions.

I might get an achievements thing up tomorrow so maybe I can work that into being a prize somehow. Iunno. I'll work out the details. So yeah! What kind of tourney would you guys like? (Structure, theme, Admin conquer, or something)

Last edited by Marceline on Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://cryo.forumotion.com
Dr. J. Breezy
Quasar
Quasar
Dr. J. Breezy

Stats
Lv: Captain Swagger
Experience Bar:
New tourney? Yes please! Left_bar_bleue6375/6375New tourney? Yes please! Empty_bar_bleue  (6375/6375)

PostSubject: Re: New tourney? Yes please!   New tourney? Yes please! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 10:55 pm

STICKIED!

Give us ideas plox!!!
Back to top Go down
Lord Tubbington
Lord Tubbington

Stats
Lv: 32
Experience Bar:
New tourney? Yes please! Left_bar_bleue109/160New tourney? Yes please! Empty_bar_bleue  (109/160)

PostSubject: Re: New tourney? Yes please!   New tourney? Yes please! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 11:49 pm

Survival duels with chain burn... YEAH!!!

Nah but I would like to see a tournament where everyone makes a deck and can only use 1 copy of every card in your deck and it has to be a card that is at 3.

Example: Crystal Beast Sapphire Pegasus Is at 3 which means it is eligible for the tournament but I can only use 1 copy of it.
Maybe we can work no archetypes like no derp worlds allowed.
I think it'll be fun and it will actually take skill to win with it.

Another idea we can do around is have a set list of cards that are at 3 and we can only pick the cards on that list and only have 1 copy of it.(Kinda like the Galactic Overlord sneak preview event where everyone got packs and had to work with the cards in that pack)
Back to top Go down
GalaxyWolfz
Stardust
Stardust
GalaxyWolfz

Stats
Lv: 4
Experience Bar:
New tourney? Yes please! Left_bar_bleue0/20New tourney? Yes please! Empty_bar_bleue  (0/20)

PostSubject: Re: New tourney? Yes please!   New tourney? Yes please! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 5:03 am

How about something like Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's duel runner competition style? Each team has 3 members. The winner of each duel stays with the same lp, hand, graveyard, field and deck while the loser's team gets the 2nd member to fight with the winner of the previous round. This continues till either team ran out of members to duel.
Back to top Go down
Satan
Shooting Star
Shooting Star
Satan

Stats
Lv: 27
Experience Bar:
New tourney? Yes please! Left_bar_bleue49/135New tourney? Yes please! Empty_bar_bleue  (49/135)

PostSubject: Re: New tourney? Yes please!   New tourney? Yes please! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 7:24 am

Lets do the ABC Challenge! People will have to choose a letter from the alphabet, in this example i'll choose C. That means in my deck i can only use cards starting with the letter C. So in my deck i can have like Cyber Dragon, Creature Swap, Compulsary Exiting Device, etc.

Shorter term:
Pick a letter of the alphabet.
Make a deck using cards only with that letter.
If you choose the letter A then every card must begin with the letter A.

The deck also can NOT be archetype based.
So No Pure blackwings / pure elemental heroes / pure dark world, etc.
You may have cards from an archetype, but it can not be an archetype deck.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tubbington
Lord Tubbington

Stats
Experience Bar:
New tourney? Yes please! Left_bar_bleue109/160New tourney? Yes please! Empty_bar_bleue  (109/160)

PostSubject: Re: New tourney? Yes please!   New tourney? Yes please! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 12:18 pm

Kirito wrote:
Lets do the ABC Challenge! People will have to choose a letter from the alphabet, in this example i'll choose B. That means in my deck i can only use cards starting with the letter C. So in my deck i can have like Cyber Dragon, Creature Swap, Compulsary Exiting Device, etc.

Shorter term:

Woah so if you choose B You get C?? New tourney? Yes please! 3313589440
Back to top Go down
Yota
Administrator
Administrator
Yota

Stats
Lv: Bloody Shinigami
Experience Bar:

PostSubject: Re: New tourney? Yes please!   New tourney? Yes please! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 12:29 pm

I thought that too. xD

@Boo: That's kind of a Highlander tourney.

@Wolf: I really like that idea. c:

@Kiri: Sounds interesting too. o:

^ my oppinions so far.
Back to top Go down
Driclone
Driclone

Stats
Lv: 10
Experience Bar:
New tourney? Yes please! Left_bar_bleue2/50New tourney? Yes please! Empty_bar_bleue  (2/50)

PostSubject: Re: New tourney? Yes please!   New tourney? Yes please! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 12:54 pm

Wolfz idea is good. We'll have to take note of what's on the field, in the hand and all though...

As for the ABC thing... It could be interesting. And since we can't go for one archetype in it, it stops people from abusing.
Back to top Go down
Satan
Shooting Star
Shooting Star
Satan

Stats
Lv: 27
Experience Bar:
New tourney? Yes please! Left_bar_bleue49/135New tourney? Yes please! Empty_bar_bleue  (49/135)

PostSubject: Re: New tourney? Yes please!   New tourney? Yes please! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 4:17 pm

Dark Rainbow Dragon wrote:
Kirito wrote:
Lets do the ABC Challenge! People will have to choose a letter from the alphabet, in this example i'll choose B. That means in my deck i can only use cards starting with the letter C. So in my deck i can have like Cyber Dragon, Creature Swap, Compulsary Exiting Device, etc.

Shorter term:

I'm not even going to bother with your remark. You obviously edited my post.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tubbington
Lord Tubbington

Stats
Experience Bar:

PostSubject: Re: New tourney? Yes please!   New tourney? Yes please! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 4:22 pm

Kirito wrote:
Dark Rainbow Dragon wrote:
Kirito wrote:

Shorter term:

I'm not even going to bother with your remark. You obviously edited my post.

Yes cause I am hax mod.
Back to top Go down
Dr. J. Breezy
Quasar
Quasar
Dr. J. Breezy

Stats
Lv: Captain Swagger
Experience Bar:

PostSubject: Re: New tourney? Yes please!   New tourney? Yes please! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 4:24 pm

Let's try to avoid spamming here...

Anywho, all your ideas seem intriguing. Btw, what Logan was talking about (in terms of particular sets of cards) is called 'sealed play', which has been happening at locals everywhere here and I must say its a lot of fun.

We're open to more ideas!!!
Back to top Go down
Lord Tubbington
Lord Tubbington

Stats
Experience Bar:

PostSubject: Re: New tourney? Yes please!   New tourney? Yes please! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 4:55 pm

Professor J. Breezy wrote:
Let's try to avoid spamming here...

Anywho, all your ideas seem intriguing. Btw, what Logan was talking about (in terms of particular sets of cards) is called 'sealed play', which has been happening at locals everywhere here and I must say its a lot of fun.

We're open to more ideas!!!

Alright sorry professor and yes c: they are alot of fun. I have never done it before since I don't play in real life but from what I know by my friends there awesome and it'd be awesome to try it for all of us poor players XD
Back to top Go down
Victory Star
Stardust
Stardust
Victory Star

Stats
Lv: 13
Experience Bar:
New tourney? Yes please! Left_bar_bleue54/65New tourney? Yes please! Empty_bar_bleue  (54/65)

PostSubject: Re: New tourney? Yes please!   New tourney? Yes please! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 5:10 pm

a tourney where we duel for points. we won't use brackets because the winner will be the one who has most points at the end. instead of that we're going to duel by rounds or whatever is called.
to get points you have to take care of your LP, finish with a good ammount of LP and you get that many points:
if you win with 8000 LP you get 8000 points, if you win with 500 LP you get 500 points, etc.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tubbington
Lord Tubbington

Stats
Experience Bar:

PostSubject: Re: New tourney? Yes please!   New tourney? Yes please! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 5:25 pm

Armand Star wrote:
a tourney where we duel for points. we won't use brackets because the winner will be the one who has most points at the end. instead of that we're going to duel by rounds or whatever is called.
to get points you have to take care of your LP, finish with a good ammount of LP and you get that many points:
if you win with 8000 LP you get 8000 points, if you win with 500 LP you get 500 points, etc.

Too broke!
Back to top Go down
Vendetta
Shooting Star
Shooting Star
Vendetta

Stats
Lv: 26
Experience Bar:
New tourney? Yes please! Left_bar_bleue81/130New tourney? Yes please! Empty_bar_bleue  (81/130)

PostSubject: Re: New tourney? Yes please!   New tourney? Yes please! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 5:35 pm

I call my tourney idea, Switch Strategy Tournament.

This is how it works. Depending on the amount of participants there will be blocks like Block A containing 4 players and 3 more blocks with 4 players if there were 16 total participants. Anyway for this to work all of 1 block have to be on at the same time, i recommend people with close time zones go in the same block or by activity. Anywho to the game mechanics, so it would be for example, Player A vs Player B and Player C Vs Player D. Makes sense..? Good. Now the catch with these duels are that you have 5 minutes to duel... against your opponent! now the duel doesnt have a limit time, when the timer reaches 0 you switch opponents so Player A would face C or D and B would face C or D and vise versa. When the duels "Switch" you will have the same amount of LP from the last duel so maybe you have 5000lp also you can ONLY choose 1 monster from your last duel that was on the field and put it there so maybe you had Dark Armed Dragon, you could choose him, the person with the most lp goes first, and he/she cannot attack that turn.

Alternatively if one of the duelists should lose under 5 minutes, they go into game 2 so with the clock still ticking its wise not to finish your opponent off so quickly, or you may have an empty field in the next switch. The matches will be SINGLE UNLESS you finish off your opponent under 5 mins if your confused i understand. Before the duels can end or a pleyer to lose there has to be a least ONE switch.

Now your asking who do you decide who faces who during the switch, right? Well all players decide who they will face except the person they just faced. Please dont tell the other players their lp remaining please.

Diagram:
Spoiler:

This is pretty confusing, please feel free to ask questions and i will clear it up.
Back to top Go down
Spinda
Spinda

Stats
Lv: 14
Experience Bar:
New tourney? Yes please! Left_bar_bleue12/70New tourney? Yes please! Empty_bar_bleue  (12/70)

PostSubject: Re: New tourney? Yes please!   New tourney? Yes please! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 7:41 pm

Xapiere wrote:
Now the catch with these duels are that you have 5 minutes to duel... against your opponent!

You don't say. I thought we were gonna duel against a random

Zapier wrote:
now the duel doesnt have a limit time, when the timer reaches 0 you switch opponents

lolwat, you said there's no time limit, but then you say there's a timer, which is pretty much like a time limit.

Also, how many times do we switch? you never said, it first sounded like constant switching with no end >.< EXPLAIN BETTER PLOX I DUN UNDERSTAND

although I COULD assume it's only 1 switch, I dunno, please answer D:
Back to top Go down
Bloody Psycho
Star
Star
Bloody Psycho

Stats
Lv: 11
Experience Bar:
New tourney? Yes please! Left_bar_bleue53/55New tourney? Yes please! Empty_bar_bleue  (53/55)

PostSubject: Re: New tourney? Yes please!   New tourney? Yes please! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 8:01 am

I prefer Wolfz idea. also after all the ideas are posted but a vote to it so we can let everyone else decide.
Back to top Go down
Vendetta
Shooting Star
Shooting Star
Vendetta

Stats
Experience Bar:
New tourney? Yes please! Left_bar_bleue81/130New tourney? Yes please! Empty_bar_bleue  (81/130)

PostSubject: Re: New tourney? Yes please!   New tourney? Yes please! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 8:13 am

Don't use my idea, dont know why i posted it D; too confusing for other people XD
Back to top Go down
Vendetta
Shooting Star
Shooting Star
Vendetta

Stats
Experience Bar:

PostSubject: Re: New tourney? Yes please!   New tourney? Yes please! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 8:19 am

Spinda wrote:
Xapiere wrote:
Now the catch with these duels are that you have 5 minutes to duel... against your opponent!

You don't say. I thought we were gonna duel against a random

Zapier wrote:
now the duel doesnt have a limit time, when the timer reaches 0 you switch opponents

lolwat, you said there's no time limit, but then you say there's a timer, which is pretty much like a time limit.

Also, how many times do we switch? you never said, it first sounded like constant switching with no end >.< EXPLAIN BETTER PLOX I DUN UNDERSTAND

although I COULD assume it's only 1 switch, I dunno, please answer D:

@ quote 1 I said there is blocks of 4 you will face whatever the block says who your playing first then after the five mins you switch opponent.

@quote 2 Why you spell my name like that :c That timer was a major typo *"there is a timer"*

@quote 3After you switch ONCE its possible to win then, you carry on switching until all the duels are over.

That better now? o;
Back to top Go down
Driclone
Driclone

Stats
Lv: 10
Experience Bar:
New tourney? Yes please! Left_bar_bleue2/50New tourney? Yes please! Empty_bar_bleue  (2/50)

PostSubject: Re: New tourney? Yes please!   New tourney? Yes please! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 10:00 am

Xapieer's idea seems good. Complicated to understand, but could be fun.
Back to top Go down
Kirschire
Administrator
Administrator
Kirschire

Stats
Lv: Calamity ♥
Experience Bar:

PostSubject: Re: New tourney? Yes please!   New tourney? Yes please! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 2:16 pm

As requested by Virus, a poll has been added. Now we just need votes so posts after mine should be questions regarding the ideas that have been thrown at us. We are no longer taking tourney suggestions~
Back to top Go down
https://cryo.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New tourney? Yes please!   New tourney? Yes please! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New tourney? Yes please!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cryo Duel Academy :: Cryo Dueling Academy :: Tournaments :: Events-
Jump to: