Cryo Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deck Article #1 (Dark Worlds)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Fluffytots
Stardust
Stardust
Fluffytots

Stats
Lv: 6
Experience Bar:
Deck Article #1 (Dark Worlds) Left_bar_bleue29/35Deck Article #1 (Dark Worlds) Empty_bar_bleue  (29/35)

Deck Article #1 (Dark Worlds) Empty
PostSubject: Deck Article #1 (Dark Worlds)   Deck Article #1 (Dark Worlds) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 10:43 pm

Deck Article #1 (Dark Worlds) 0lfce

Dark Worlds and How They Work

Introduction to Dark Worlds

Dark Worlds were first seen in the Yu-Gi-Oh anime GX in season 3. They were the villain for a bit and actually played a role in Jaden/Judai becoming the supreme king. We don't see many of the famous Dark World monsters like Grapha, Snoww etc.... But we do see some of the less used ones and some of them actually dueled in the anime. These were Scarr, Scout of Dark World, Zure, Knight of Dark World and Brron, Mad King of Dark World. The way Dark Worlds were used in the anime is nothing like what we used in real life.

What Makes Dark Worlds So Good?

Dark Worlds are an archtype like none other. The style and way how you use the deck is like nothing I've seen. Even better, the style actually works! It is such an easy deck to use, you can learn it in a couple of days. Dark Worlds have been tier 1 since last format, but this format is where they really shine. Since OP decks like chaos dragons, inzektors and wind-ups have been hurt this format, Dark Worlds are left as one of the best decks of the format. They are simple to use and are very powerful.

How Do You Play Dark Worlds?

The main concept behind Dark Worlds is you discard Dark World monsters that have effects that trigger when they are discarded and activates effects like draw a card, add 1 "Dark World" card to your hand from your deck and even destroy 1 card on the field. So Dark Worlds really work in the grave. So to work you need to be able to discard Dark World monsters and use their effects to do other things.

Main Cards In The Set

1) The Gates of Dark World
2) Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World

Other Important Cards

1) Snoww, Unlight Of Dark World
2) Dark World Dealings
3) Dragged Down Into the Grave
4) Card Destruction
5) Trance Archfiend
6) Broww, Huntsman of Dark World

The Gates Of Dark World

Deck Article #1 (Dark Worlds) Ssvr

effect:
This Field spell is ideal in the Dark World decks. Basically all we want is the discard part because Dark Worlds are all about discarding and drawing. So basically you'll always be able to discard at least once per turn. Fiends also gain 300ATK/DEF so say a monster like Grapha was once 2700 is now a 3K beatstick.

Grapha, Dragon lord of Dark World

Deck Article #1 (Dark Worlds) Photo-39803

effect:

2700ATK/1800DEF, level 8 monster. This powerhouse monster is the main monster in dark Worlds. Its discard effect and way to summon is so easy, it's like summoning Legendary six samurai shi en, it's that easy. So you can Normal summon a "Dark World" monster and return it to your hand to summon Grapha from your graveyard. Extremely awesome card I would say and many would agree.

Other Important cards

Snoww, Unlight Of Dark World
effect:
Discard it to add Grapha or Gates.

Dark World Dealings
effect:
This card is awesome since you're discarding and drawing.

Card Destruction
effect:
If you have too many Dark World monsters that need to be discarded, you now discarded and have multiple effects.

Trance Archfiend
effect:
This Monster gains ATK points and allows you to discard. So if you had Grapha and there was a face-down card on your opponents side of the field, well you have nothing to worry about now, just discard Grapha and destroy the face-down.

Dragged Down Into The Grave
effect:
You're seeing your opponents hand. You're discarding something from their hand say they had monster reborn. Then on top of that they have to choose which dark world monster will activate its effect. Basically like pick your poison you could say.

Broww, Huntsman of Dark World
effect:
Discard it to draw a card. This Dark World monster is the draw staple for the deck.

Tips For Your Dark World Deck

1) Always have 3 Grapha's, 3 Snoww's and 3 gate's.
2) Never run too many traps in Dark Worlds (5-7 should be max.)
3) Don't run too many spells that don't discard/draw (Monster reborn, Dark Hole and Heavy storm should be your only non discarding/draw spells.)
4) Don't run Dark World monsters that don't have good effects when discarded.
5) When using the spell Dragged down into the grave, you should only have 1 Dark World monster in your hand (Best is Grapha, so the opponent will have no choice but to pick it.)
6) If combining with another deck, run skill drains and malefics. Skill drain doesn't affect Dark World monsters since they activate in the grave. And since you run the field Gates of Dark World, Malefics are powerful monsters to run.
7) Dark Worlds are perfect for XYZ summoning, you shouldn't synchro/fusion with them.

The Main Move In Dark Worlds

1) Discard Snoww by a card effect (Dark World Dealings, Gates etc...)
2) Use Snoww's effect and add Grapha to your hand from your deck.
3) Discard Grapha.
4) Summon a Dark World monster.
5) Return it to your hand and summon Grapha from your graveyard.

Michael Balan's Dark World Deck:

My Opinion

Dark Worlds to me are one of the best decks of the format. They've topped at YCS and their style is unmatched. So fellow reader, if you possess that evil dueling power inside, Dark Worlds are perfect for you.

Copyrights:

Back to top Go down
Satan
Shooting Star
Shooting Star
Satan

Stats
Lv: 27
Experience Bar:
Deck Article #1 (Dark Worlds) Left_bar_bleue49/135Deck Article #1 (Dark Worlds) Empty_bar_bleue  (49/135)

PostSubject: Re: Deck Article #1 (Dark Worlds)   Deck Article #1 (Dark Worlds) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 10:54 pm

2 Things that i saw i should point out.

1) Many builds nowadays don't run Trance archfiend anymore. Last format they ran it since it did help with discarding and putting in more damage. Though this format everyone is going off of the Turbo build of Michael Balan's deck. So Trance Archfiend is a good card to use yes but it is rarely used anymore due to as mentioned the Turbo build used by Michael Along with it being a skill drain variant.

2) Michael Balan did top YCS ohio but he also won YCS LongBeach with his Turbo Build last year.
Back to top Go down
Unlucky Saggi
Stardust
Stardust
Unlucky Saggi

Stats
Lv: 28
Experience Bar:
Deck Article #1 (Dark Worlds) Left_bar_bleue69/140Deck Article #1 (Dark Worlds) Empty_bar_bleue  (69/140)

PostSubject: Re: Deck Article #1 (Dark Worlds)   Deck Article #1 (Dark Worlds) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 11:56 pm

Actually, Trance is another out when you're facing a Naturia Beast that's locking your spells.The more extra discarding the merrier.
I'd also like if you could've talked about siding for your deck and siding against, unless I missed it somewhere.
But I guess it's common sense and player's preference.
Back to top Go down
Satan
Shooting Star
Shooting Star
Satan

Stats
Lv: 27
Experience Bar:
Deck Article #1 (Dark Worlds) Left_bar_bleue49/135Deck Article #1 (Dark Worlds) Empty_bar_bleue  (49/135)

PostSubject: Re: Deck Article #1 (Dark Worlds)   Deck Article #1 (Dark Worlds) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 12:25 am

That's why many darkworld players side in a lot of traps to replace some spells that aren't that needed. They lock down spells they use smog along with skill drain. If they're locking down traps then good because you don't run many. This is from my personal experience using them since the structure came out

Spells = Side in useful traps to get around

Traps = Good they locked themselves down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deck Article #1 (Dark Worlds)   Deck Article #1 (Dark Worlds) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deck Article #1 (Dark Worlds)
Page 1 of 1