Cryo Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

No More Heroes! Sign-Up + Info

Go down 
+2
Prof. Leon Chance
Kirschire
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kirschire
Administrator
Administrator
Kirschire

Stats
Lv: Calamity ♥
Experience Bar:
No More Heroes! Sign-Up + Info Left_bar_bleue6375/6375No More Heroes! Sign-Up + Info Empty_bar_bleue  (6375/6375)

No More Heroes! Sign-Up + Info Empty
PostSubject: No More Heroes! Sign-Up + Info   No More Heroes! Sign-Up + Info I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 4:45 pm

Xiv you butt! What happened to the YGO RP?! Well, guys. I hated the plot so I don't want it anymore LOL I scrapped it. I literally pulled that plot out of nowhere and honestly, it wasn't going to work but I was tired and I threw it together just so I could be done. Anyways now I'm back with a cool RP and it's going to be something different from the usual one thread RPs. Enjoy my idea from my sleepless night.

» No More Heroes

This RP will be based off the game "No More Heroes" and basically, your character will be an assassin. A present-day assassin within an organization of prominent, skillful killers.

» Role-Play

https://cryo.forumotion.com/t941-no-more-heroes-u-c-do-not-post#7268

» Characters

I want your characters to be well thought out so that means: toss your cliches off a cliff. I don't want to read the same "MY PARENTS/SIBLINGS WERE MURDERED SO I'M GOING TO BECOME AN ANGSTY TEENAGE ASSASSIN"

No. Bad. Slap yourself right now if you were going to make a character like that. If you don't want your character to have parents then just don't mention them in their background.

I want different nationalities, creative backgrounds, and a unique character!

If you were thinking: Japanese, typical school boy, and uses a katana

Please. Commit seppuku right now. Bad. Bad. No.

Xiv why are you being so demanding?

I'm tired of reading about characters that are overdone to death ten times over. If I wanted to read about a typical katana wielding Jap boy I'd read manga. I'm here to read about other people's unique characters. Guys. Show me you can make a badass character that doesn't need a dark overcoat and guns.

» Character Sign-Up

Note: Beam katanas are banned so don't even think about it

Just so you can get some ideas going: http://nomoreheroes.wikia.com/wiki/United_Assassins_Association

Code:

Name: (Full name and it better make sense...don't give an American a full Japanese name)
Alias: (Optional~ Something your character's nicknamed as an Assassin. Please don't write some long, corny alias like Bloody Hell Wolf.)
Age: (Self-explanatory and make it realistic. Just to be sure, the age range is: 16-40)
Sexuality: (If you're easily offended by gayness then just leave. I want legit character relations in this RP.)
Personality: (List or description is fine)
Origin: (Where your character was born/raised)
Nationality: (Self-Explanatory)
Appearance: (Image please)
Occupation: (What your character does for a living. Being an assassin isn't full-time, bud)
Weapon: (Self-Explanatory and I'd like to stress that it's WEAPON and not POWER so don't write down telekinesis or something. Also, weapons must not be OHKO weapons such as nuclear weapons.)
Background: (Self-Explanatory)
Skill background: (Basically what pre-req skills does your character have that allows him/her to use that weapon efficiently. Your character isn't going to randomly become a master of whips. It'll make more sense if he had a background in animal taming in a traveling circus)

RP Sample: (Write one paragraph in-character and the scenario is up to you! If you write more than one paragraph, burn. I'm not going to waste my time to read a wall of text. A wall of text isn't going to impress me and if you're doing it to impress someone, send it to them! Not me.)

Other: (Optional as always and just if you want to include something extra about your character)

[b][color=orange]» Questions[/color]
[/b]
Post em and I'll try to answer when I come back from spending time with my dorky friends.

Last edited by Xiviette on Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:15 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://cryo.forumotion.com
Prof. Leon Chance
Stardust
Stardust
Prof. Leon Chance

Stats
Lv: 6
Experience Bar:
No More Heroes! Sign-Up + Info Left_bar_bleue25/30No More Heroes! Sign-Up + Info Empty_bar_bleue  (25/30)

PostSubject: Re: No More Heroes! Sign-Up + Info   No More Heroes! Sign-Up + Info I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 5:52 pm

I'm sorry Tina but I don't believe I will participate in this very long before i grow tired of it because of two major things. First off, your new way of posting you have created is very odd. It limits the character intereaction to a minimum and makes it completely about god modding. Second, the limit on the posts. I get people don't like reading a lot but sometimes I get creative and just write a lot, and I know there are other like that. But, and this is a huge but, I love the specifications on the character creation. (Except for one thing that i will discuss with you privately next time we talk) I too am tired of seeing everyone having a tragic parental death related story, especially since many of them are poorly thought out and are incredibly cliche. And getting rid of the Jap Katana boy, Omg, I could kiss you. The detail required in the creation is amazing, and really forces people to make a detailed and intricate character. Only a little depressed because my favorite character to make has a depressing story relating to their parents, such as my most recent gamblers and the father from my persona 4 character. P.S. You are a butt.
Back to top Go down
Kirschire
Administrator
Administrator
Kirschire

Stats
Experience Bar:
No More Heroes! Sign-Up + Info Left_bar_bleue6375/6375No More Heroes! Sign-Up + Info Empty_bar_bleue  (6375/6375)

PostSubject: Re: No More Heroes! Sign-Up + Info   No More Heroes! Sign-Up + Info I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 6:05 pm

Prof. Leon Chance wrote:
I'm sorry Tina but I don't believe I will participate in this very long before i grow tired of it because of two major things. First off, your new way of posting you have created is very odd. It limits the character intereaction to a minimum and makes it completely about god modding. Second, the limit on the posts. I get people don't like reading a lot but sometimes I get creative and just write a lot, and I know there are other like that. But, and this is a huge but, I love the specifications on the character creation. (Except for one thing that i will discuss with you privately next time we talk) I too am tired of seeing everyone having a tragic parental death related story, especially since many of them are poorly thought out and are incredibly cliche. And getting rid of the Jap Katana boy, Omg, I could kiss you. The detail required in the creation is amazing, and really forces people to make a detailed and intricate character. Only a little depressed because my favorite character to make has a depressing story relating to their parents, such as my most recent gamblers and the father from my persona 4 character. P.S. You are a butt.

I welcome depressing stories as long as it makes sense. I mean some people are just lazy and say, "Oh yeah my parents died tragically so feel bad for me"

I can't do anything about the new method of posting but the prompt won't be that specific. Just to give people something to write about. The reason I'm doing the new posting method is because in RPs, even if we do turn-based a lot of people end up getting left out. I did so this way so people will have a chance to interact with everyone.

Also, the prompts will always be either partners or groups.

Solos are only given if asked for.

Hoping if this clears some things up. If you ever change your mind then feel free to sign-up.

Any other questions (people)?
Back to top Go down
Prof. Leon Chance
Stardust
Stardust
Prof. Leon Chance

Stats
Experience Bar:
No More Heroes! Sign-Up + Info Left_bar_bleue25/30No More Heroes! Sign-Up + Info Empty_bar_bleue  (25/30)

PostSubject: Re: No More Heroes! Sign-Up + Info   No More Heroes! Sign-Up + Info I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 6:17 pm

So wait, there will be a main thread in which a story line will be followed? Well, not to say a story line, but sort of like a main page for posting?
Back to top Go down
Kirschire
Administrator
Administrator
Kirschire

Stats
Experience Bar:

PostSubject: Re: No More Heroes! Sign-Up + Info   No More Heroes! Sign-Up + Info I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 6:26 pm

Prof. Leon Chance wrote:
So wait, there will be a main thread in which a story line will be followed? Well, not to say a story line, but sort of like a main page for posting?

Yep there will be a main thread created once I come home. I'll be keeping track of missions there. I might have a main storyline created and have missions be like side missions. For now though, the missions will be the main activity.
Back to top Go down
nikolie97
Stardust
Stardust
nikolie97

Stats
Lv: 10
Experience Bar:
No More Heroes! Sign-Up + Info Left_bar_bleue9/50No More Heroes! Sign-Up + Info Empty_bar_bleue  (9/50)

PostSubject: Re: No More Heroes! Sign-Up + Info   No More Heroes! Sign-Up + Info I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 6:31 pm

Name: Leark Newlov

Alias: none

Sexuality: Gay

Personality: Nice, kind, gets very focused and wont quit till the job is done

Nationality: Greek

Apperence: http://thecartdriver.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/gg_Aquarion_EVOL_-_26_71A8D710.mkv_snapshot_22.52_2012.06.30_22.47.53-460x258.jpg

Weapon: Throwing knives

Background: Born into a middle class family. Loved by everyone. Pearents where both street preformers. He became a street preforer at the age of 10. He moved out of the house at the age of 19 into an apartment with his boyfriend Jose Dranson. Became an assissin at the age of 19 after his father died. Killed over 25 people.

Skill background: His act when he preformed was knife throwing. His best trick was having a random person hold an apple in front of their face while, blindfolded, threw a knife at the apple and split it dead in half. He missed once when he was 12 and never missed again.

Reason for joining: He found out his father was part of the organization and that was the reason his dad taught him to throw knives, so Leark could take his dads place.

Rp sample: The park was well lit by the campfire in the middle. "Thanks for inviting me to your camp out Derick"said Leark. " My pleasure Leark. I needed a bit to get away from my wife and i didnt want to camping on my own". " Well i feel honered that you invited me". Laughed Leark. Derick laughed then his face grew dark." Can I tell you somthing personal Leark". "Sure". " I got a call from the cops saying that they arrested my wife for attempted murder. They said she hired an assissan to kill me"." Are you serious" leark said suprised" That sucks man I'm sorry". Derick suddenly smiled " Well the cops told me that they had everything under control and not to worry. Be right back, I gotta take a leak". Derick got up and whent behind a tree and started to pee. Derick screamed for a second then stoped and fell. A knife sticking from his back. Leark got up and picked up his blade, wiped it off and walked to the car and proceeded to drive home.

Last edited by nikolie97 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rin Okumura
Stardust
Stardust
Rin Okumura

Stats
Lv: 3
Experience Bar:
No More Heroes! Sign-Up + Info Left_bar_bleue5/15No More Heroes! Sign-Up + Info Empty_bar_bleue  (5/15)

PostSubject: Re: No More Heroes! Sign-Up + Info   No More Heroes! Sign-Up + Info I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 4:49 pm

Name: Akins Mubarak

Alius: Anubis

Sexuality: Bisexual

Personality: Charismatic, taunting, and sometimes downright obnoxious. Likes to help others, and isn’t really a bad person, but he knows that it is his duty to fulfill his mission and will go to any length to do so. Takes a little too much pleasure in taunting his targets before he kills them, but is never truly disrespectful.

Origin: Born in Cairo, Egypt, but moved to America when he was 17.

Nationality: Egyptian

Appearance: https://2img.net/h/oi48.tinypic.com/qrjlw0.jpg

Weapon: https://imgur.com/jeerN This sword is called a Khopesh, a traditional Egyptian blade. Often referred to as a Sickle Sword to those unfamiliar with Egyptian dialect.

Background: Akins was born in Cairo, Egypt to a loving mother and father. His clan, centered in Cairo, follow the ‘old ways’ of Egyptian culture, worshiping the ancient Gods such as Horus and Ra. Because of this, their burial traditions varied greatly from the usual.

Akins’ father was responsible for the ‘opening of the mouth’ ceremony. An intricate dagger, known as a peseshkaf, was used to cut open the mouth of the dead so that they are able to eat and drink in the afterlife. Because of his dad’s duty, Akins was taught these traditions at a very young age. Because of this, Akins learned a great respect for the God of Funerals, Anubis.

On his thirteenth birthday, Akins’ father told him the truth about their clan. That they had a respected standing in the Egyptian faction of a feared guild of assassins. They believed that in aiding the assassins and ridding the world of the wicked, they would restore Ma’at (order) and come closer to ridding the world of chaos.

When the leader of his clan was killed during a mission and the clan began to dissolve, Akins and his family moved to America when he was 17 to join a more prosperous branch of the guild. He has been there ever since.

Skill Background: Trained in the opening of the mouth ceremony. Trained by his father and other members of his clan to masterfully wield his Khopesh.

Sample RP: Akins hangs his apron on the hanger, a sigh of relief forcing itself through his lips. It’s been a long day, and he’s glad to finally get out of the restaurant. Walking outside into the cool air, Akins runs a hand through his white locks. The cool wind rips through his clothing, a shiver running up his spine. Akins pulls his arms close to his body as he walks towards his home. So much chaos in this city, he thinks as a car speeds past him. He walks in silence for a couple more blocks, sighing again in relief as he approaches the front door of his apartment. Throwing a glance at the sky, his mouth is agape at such a stunning view of the stars in the city. Nut looks so beautiful tonight, he muses. As he closes the door behind him, he wonders what such a sign could mean for his future.

NOTE: Nut is the Goddess of the Sky in Egyptian mythology. Just so the last part makes sense

Extra Stuff: Akins, under his alius of ‘Anubis’, wears a Jackal mask during his missions. Here is a pic. https://imgur.com/6rkYZ

Last edited by Toxic Alchemist on Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:44 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : The new picture made me want to edit his personality a little :P)
Back to top Go down
Prof. Leon Chance
Stardust
Stardust
Prof. Leon Chance

Stats
Experience Bar:

PostSubject: Re: No More Heroes! Sign-Up + Info   No More Heroes! Sign-Up + Info I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 12:29 am

Scraped. New character in the works.

Last edited by Prof. Leon Chance on Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pøtato
Administrator
Administrator
Pøtato

Stats
Lv: King of Potatoes
Experience Bar:

PostSubject: Re: No More Heroes! Sign-Up + Info   No More Heroes! Sign-Up + Info I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 12:40 am

Name: Jin Starski
Alias: Unlucky Nova
Sexuality: Straight
Personality: Jin is a bit impulsive and has a short temper. He gets annoyed very easily. When he's calm, he's he lacks emotion is very lazy. He's very straight-forward and blunt. He respects only the people who he approves of.
Origin: London, England
Nationality: English
Appearance: No More Heroes! Sign-Up + Info 285165_353930098030919_1128158311_n
Weapon: Dual Pistols with bayonets attached.
Background: Though in the public, everything is nice and peaceful. In the shadows, secret drug deals, gangs fight and kill, and dirty work is made. Jin lived on his own ever since he was 13. His mom was a prostitute and his dad left for another woman. He joined one of the most notorious gangs and lived off them.They were known for being the fastest and the most effective. Their usual hang out spot was a bar they owned. The gang were usually hired to kill off other gangs or specific people. Eventually he grew up, rise through the ranks and was made leader. Some members of the gang tried to revolt but he killed them and left. He became a solo assassin and became the bartender after the gang disbanded from fights.
Skill background: The gang members were almost professional free runners and the leader was special. Though most of the members just wield pistols, the leader was skilled in duel wielding pistols with bayonets. Jin started to copy him and eventually learned to use them as well as the leader. It was why he was appointed leader at the end.

RP Sample: Jin was polishing one of the glass in his bar. Business was slow and people walked by talking. He watched the television and the weather report said it was going to be very cloudy. He was minding his own business with two smoke grenades broke through the window. The bar became a smoke cloud in a matter of seconds. Footsteps could be heard running through the middle of the room. Three shots was fired. After a minute, the bar was running smoothly once more. Windows had holes in them and 5 trash bags filled were in the back alley. Jin sighed and went to the storage and brought out two new windows. Typical day at work.

Other
Catchphrase-*insert reason*. Thus, I kill you.
Back to top Go down
Kirschire
Administrator
Administrator
Kirschire

Stats
Experience Bar:

PostSubject: Re: No More Heroes! Sign-Up + Info   No More Heroes! Sign-Up + Info I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 2:14 am

Still accepting characters and here's some separate comments for people:

@Nik: Your character's concept is strong and honestly he's pretty solid. However, there's many spelling mistakes and sentence issues.

@Tox: Your character is solid and I can tell you did your research. Just one thing, the picture you chose is a bit low quality. Could you maybe find a new one?
Here's a suggestion if you wanna use it: https://2img.net/h/oi48.tinypic.com/qrjlw0.jpg
(Love the concept)

@Leon: There's some loose ends I wanna talk to you about with your character so contact me on skype

@Stak: I already gave you feedback so here's a heart Heart

-Updated the character form so you don't need to include a reason-

My character is up in the main thread if anyone needs inspiration or reference: https://cryo.forumotion.com/t941-no-more-heroes-u-c-do-not-post#7268
Back to top Go down
Spinda
Spinda

Stats
Lv: 14
Experience Bar:
No More Heroes! Sign-Up + Info Left_bar_bleue12/70No More Heroes! Sign-Up + Info Empty_bar_bleue  (12/70)

PostSubject: Re: No More Heroes! Sign-Up + Info   No More Heroes! Sign-Up + Info I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 1:34 pm

Name: Kurt Keller
Alias: Bané Bané (pronounced Bahnay Bahnay)
Sexuality: Gay
Personality: He's a fun person to be around, funny and kind, but that only vaguely hides his maliciously evil intent. When faced with an assassin job, he's the one who would say he'd gladly do it and then smile with a cold, corrupt smile only a murderer could wear and kill the person with feelings of joy (no, he's not only killing because he likes to, keep reading.). He is a 2-sided coin, one side is a nice, kind, and friendly side, the other loves to kill and hurt others. If his legit friends/comrades are in danger, he'll stop at nothing to have the head of the person that tried to hurt his friends/comrades. He is also very intelligent and can almost always get out of a bad situation. He likes to dress oddly and stand out, his clothes look like he dresses like everyday is Halloween. He is also half insane (the side that likes to hurt people shows insanity).
Origin: Kurt was born and raised in Germany, but worked with Americans so much, he'd lost all traces of a german accent and speaks english well.
Nationality: German
Appearance: No More Heroes! Sign-Up + Info 623912_large
Occupation: He is currently in college in a school for vets that he paid off for with his assassin money.
Weapon: Chain Scythes
Background: Kurt grew up as a rich boy, and only child. His parents were always busy so he was always by himself at home in a mansion (yes, it has maids and butlers so he's not 100% alone :I). One day he began contemplating his life, thinking about what he's doing here and why his parents weren't there with him. The more he thought, the lonelier he grew, got angrier, sadder, regretful, and the thoughts only got darker and darker. He questioned why his parents had him even if they knew they'd be busy and wouldn't have any time for him. Their parents had bought him a puppy when he was 8, to try and keep him company while they were away. He named the puppy Zaphire and he'd loved the animal very much, but when he was 11, he was playing with Zaphire outside, when it ran into the street to get a ball Kurt had thrown a little too far, and it landed in the street. Unknowingly, it'd picked up the ball, only to be hit by a car, driven by his parents who finally had time to come back home. Zaphire died a couple days later and Kurt became severely depressed and sat in a corner of his room for a a long while, where he didn't eat, drink, sleep, bathe, or do anything of the sort. He asked himself if that was the idea all along; to make their child lonely and hateful. But the word that always kept appearing in his mind was... "Why?"
His dark thoughts began to take over with things like they never loved him, and their being away is as if they'd died. Then he wondered how they would die. Who would kill them. His thoughts caused him to go insane with all the conflicting emotions and eventually decided he would be the one to do it. He knew he couldn't right now because he was too small and weak, so from then on he trained. He worked out, and found hook scythes in the garden shed, and knew he would, with them, kill his parents. A full year went by until he knew that he could kill his parents, and over the course of that year, he'd begun to hate almost all humans around him, so he decided to try to kill his parents. When his parents came home one day, his hid the hook scythes between the back of his pants and his body, covered by his shirt so it wouldn't be noticed. When his father gave him a hug, he swiftly pulled one out and decapitated him. His mother stood in horror as she watched him take out the other one and decapitate her as well. He then went on a killing spree and killed everyone in the household knowing if they were alive, they'd be a witness. He left the home that day, and never came back. He was only 12. He went a couple towns away and threw the scythes into the trash and made sure no blood was on himself. He went another couple towns over where he'd seen a foster home and went there, and got taken in. Since then he'd been adopted by the Keller family and is now in college, studying to be a Veterinarian, in honor of Zaphire. When he was adopted into a loving family, and shown unconditional love, he learned not all humans were bad, so he vowed to only kill those who threatened his, his friend's, ally's, or loved one's lives.

Skill background: When he was 15 he was walking home from school when a suspicious man stopped him and told him something he'd hoped he would never hear.
"I found the hook scythes. I know what you did." Kurt was caught off guard and nearly choked him, before realizing there were people around.
"Who are you..." Kurt said in a calm voice after regaining his composure.
"You don't need to know, all you need to know is that I'm not a cop or detective. I've come to make a deal."
"... I'm listening."
"I want you to become an assassin and work for me. For life. Otherwise I'll turn you in to the police with the scythes as evidence." He had Kurt trapped. He had to have another motive to this, but Kurt didn't know what. There was silence as Kurt thought, and he finally had an idea.
Kurt smiled. "Okay, I'll do it. Although I no longer have a weapon and have never been properly trained. If you want me as a real assassin, get me training with Chain Sycthes."
"That can be arranged. Now if you come with me, we can get the chain scythes arranged and delivered to me, get you trained for a year and get you assassinating..." Kurt did as he said and the year went by fast. Kurt mastered the Chain Scythes. During the next year Kurt did multiple assassin jobs and was starting to enjoy it. He was also made to join an orginazation called "No More Heroes" where he got all his jobs, while keeping up with his school work. One day when he was alone in the same room as the man, Kurt decapitated him and set the place on fire. The hook scythes that were inside the building were never found. Kurt was 17 at the time and almost done with highschool.
Reason: Was forced by a mysterious man, but stayed in because it payed off his college tuition.

RP Sample: The man sat at least 7 feet away from Kurt, in a large brown, leather office chair behind a large black desk with several drawers on his side. Kurt stood in the center of the large room, chain scythes at his sides, waiting for the man to talk. The man crossed his arms as he asked for a mission report. Kurt briefed the man, telling him it was successful. The man grinned and nodded, then slowly but surely, turned his chair around to face the window behind him.
"You know I knew you would've completed this mission easily..." Kurt now inched his way closer to the man silently, now 6 feet away. "You were always very good at killing people." Now 4 feet away. "No matter what you always got the job done." Now 2 feet away. "It's a good thing I found you when I did!" Kurt now stood directly behind the chair.
"Yes, yes it is." Kurt said as he drew a scythe and sliced through both the chair and the man's neck, effectively decapitating him.

Other: N/A

» Questions

Post em and I'll try to answer when I come back from spending time with my dorky friends.

Last edited by Spinda on Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kirschire
Administrator
Administrator
Kirschire

Stats
Experience Bar:

PostSubject: Re: No More Heroes! Sign-Up + Info   No More Heroes! Sign-Up + Info I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 11:00 pm

Bump and Spinda, I'll read your character first thing next morning. Gonna start it tomorrow as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No More Heroes! Sign-Up + Info   No More Heroes! Sign-Up + Info I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No More Heroes! Sign-Up + Info
Page 1 of 1