Cryo Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deck Article #6: Penguins

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pøtato
Administrator
Administrator
Pøtato

Stats
Lv: King of Potatoes
Experience Bar:
Deck Article #6: Penguins Left_bar_bleue6375/6375Deck Article #6: Penguins Empty_bar_bleue  (6375/6375)

Deck Article #6: Penguins Empty
PostSubject: Deck Article #6: Penguins   Deck Article #6: Penguins I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 3:10 am

Deck Article #6: Penguins 103_crump_nightmare_penguin

[ I N D E X ]

I. My Thoughts
II. Archetype Introduction
III. Play Style
IV. Variants
V. Cards List
VI. Combos
VII. Conclusion

I. My Thoughts

I love penguins. They are my favorite animal. When I first went into dueling, my cousins gave me his deck because he was "too old." This was when people still used normal cards and blue eyes was the coolest thing ever. Since then I had quit yugioh and came back for some random reason. While bored, I ran into penguins again. My friends had urge me to make the deck and it was pretty decent.

II. Archetype Introduction

Penguins were not really big at the time. They were first seen in the anime in the second series. They were used by Crump who was a member of the big 5. They are a water type monsters with no remarkable stats. However you do not want to underestimate these little fellas.

III. Play Style

There is no actual ways to play Penguins. You would mostly see them as a Hero variant or used with Rescue Rabbit. They mainly focus on summoning themselves and bounce other monsters. They don't really hit hard but can be used to help fusion or xyz summon.

IV. Variants

>Hero Penguins

These usually just run Alius and no bubble. They would usually only run the penguins with the bounce effect to help clear the field of monsters. You would usually fusion into Absolute Zero and beat them down.

>Rabbit Penguins

These are I usually prefer because they're more plays open up to you. The normal penguins are used for xyz summons and if you can summon The Great Emperor Penguin, it is like another Rescue Rabbit. Mostly just beat your opponent with xyz monsters and win like that.

V. Cards List

These are all the Penguin monsters that exist. I will show you what they do and talk about my opinions about it.

>Penguin Soldier

Spoiler:

This card is famous. Almost everyone who played back in the old times knows it.
>Penguin Knight

Spoiler:

This card is not normally use. It's effect is kinda good but would never usually happen. If you plan to make a Penguin deck, do not use this card because it's not that useful. The only situation you would need this card is when you go against an empty jar deck.

>Nightmare Penguin

Spoiler:

This card is kinda good. It's defense helps survive some monsters attack and it's effect only bounces one. The second effect isn't really good unless you use a water beatdown.

>The Great Emperor Penguin

Spoiler:

It's kinda of a 2nd Rescue Rabbit for penguins. The downside of this card is that it is      level 5. This card is pretty good for the fact that you can tribute it, and reborn it for a second use.

>Little Penguin/Puny Penguin

Spoiler:

This card helps reused some of your penguins in the grave. It either summons in attack or face down defense which means you can reuse penguin soldier or nightmare. If your Great Emperor can survive you can target him too.

>Bolt Penguin + Flying Penguin

Spoiler:
(Couldn't find a normal Bolt Penguin picture so I made it.)

I grouped these together because they are both not that special.

VI. Combos

There is no real combo or at least I'm too dumb to think of one.

VII. Conclusion

Man, I just like Penguins. They are not really for competitive play but it's just fun to play with. You are welcome to try and if you actually do. I salute to you. I hope you will come to like these cuddly birds and I also hope you enjoyed this guide.
Back to top Go down

Deck Article #6: Penguins
Page 1 of 1