Cryo Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deck Article #5: Gladiator Beasts

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Prof. Leon Chance
Stardust
Stardust
Prof. Leon Chance

Stats
Lv: 6
Experience Bar:
Deck Article #5: Gladiator Beasts Left_bar_bleue25/30Deck Article #5: Gladiator Beasts Empty_bar_bleue  (25/30)

Deck Article #5: Gladiator Beasts Empty
PostSubject: Deck Article #5: Gladiator Beasts   Deck Article #5: Gladiator Beasts I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 8:22 pm

Intro
Deck Article #5: Gladiator Beasts 742ba89a1acab280f522017d05b444d8
Gladiator Beasts... What can really be said about them? How about how incredibly under rated they are? Maybe the unexpectedly fast power? And of course there is my favorite part, Heraklinos. I really think this archetype deserves way more credit then it gets. But I have noticed a few people around dueling network who have no idea what they are doing. Now there are a few versions of this deck, but I will be focusing mainly on the Glad Hero aspect.Gladiator beasts all have the same part of their effect. If they attack, at the end of the battle phase you may return them to the deck and special summon another Gladiator Beast with a different name, that's when the fun begins and their eal effects activate. Unlike petty much everyone else, they work off the contact fusion system, as in they can fuse simply by being on the field together, and as an added bonus, they get sent back into the deck when you do. It serves as a really easy way to keep the graveyard empty of monsters and keep your deck full of options.

The Monsters

Before I start this I should meantion, there are more Glads then I will be showing. But in my honest opinion, they ae useless, and will just weigh you down.

Bestiari
Deck Article #5: Gladiator Beasts GladiatorBeastBestiari

This is key to the decks composition, and needed for the main play which leads to victory, but I will get to that later. When he is special summoned by the effect of another Glad you can destroy up to 2 spell or trap cads on the field.

Laquari
Deck Article #5: Gladiator Beasts GLAS-EN021-GladiatorBeastLaquari
Here we have your beat stick, a heavy 1800 attacker who gains 300 att when he is summoned by the effect of a glad, and is also a key part of the main stratagy.

Darius
Deck Article #5: Gladiator Beasts Gladial+Beast+Darius
A fun little treat to carry in your deck. With 1700 att he is another beat stick, and when he is special summoned the the effect of a glad, you can special summon one Gladiator Beast from you graveyard, but their effect is negated. Good to get a fast contact fusion out when you need it.

Mumillo
Deck Article #5: Gladiator Beasts GladiatorBeastMurmillo-TF05-JP-VG
This is a fu little sea critter then should not be overlooked in any way. Whe he is blah blah blah you can destroy one monster on the field. If you like to play pop corn, he's your man... Fish... Thing.

Retiari
Deck Article #5: Gladiator Beasts Gladiator-Beast-Retiari_Y_8
Yay, another man fish thing. I mean reptile. Yeah, special summon, emove a card in your opponent's graveyad from play. Good fo most of the decks now a days considering how heavy the use of the grave is.

Equiste
Deck Article #5: Gladiator Beasts GladiatorBeastEqueste-TF05-JP-VG
Thnis one is kinda debatable, I may even take him out of my deck. I never use him, but he;s still a good monster. Blah blah blah, add a gladiator beast from you gaveyard to your hand. Good if you need something back, but typically it's better to go for Darius.

Test Tiger
Deck Article #5: Gladiator Beasts TestTiger
Running this animal at 3 is a must in this deck. He can be special summoned from your hand to the field if you control a Gladiator beast, and you can tribute him to immediately activate the retun to deck effect of a gladiator beast you control. Great for settig up early plays.

Hoplomus
Deck Article #5: Gladiator Beasts GLAS-EN022-GladiatorBeastHoplomus
I meant to put this in before Tiger but whatever. He's you wall. Not much else to say.

Essedarii
Deck Article #5: Gladiator Beasts GladiatorBeastEssedarii
This would be the first of the fusion monsters. No effect. Just return two glads to the deck. 2500 beat stick...... MONKEY!

Gyzarus
Deck Article #5: Gladiator Beasts Gyzrender
Whoop! This guy kicks some major ass. Send Glad. Beast Bestiari and another Glad of your choice to the deck to special summon him. When you do you get to pop up to two cards of your choice. And as a added bonus, when he attacks, at the end of the battle phase, you can return him to the extra and special summon 2 Glads back tot he field. Remember this, cause I'm gonna do this thing, where I blow you mind.

Heraklinos
Deck Article #5: Gladiator Beasts Gladiator-Beast-Megazord.png
He be my bud. Seriously. This is like Shien, on steroids. It may seem like a lot to summon him, but don't worry, I'll explain. You need Gladiator Beast Laquari, and 2 other glads of you choice. 3100 Beat Stick. When a trap or spell card is activated, you can negate and destory it by discarding one card. He is by far my favorite monste in the entire game, and it's not had to see why.

Elemental Hero Prisma
Deck Article #5: Gladiator Beasts Elemental+Hero+Prisma
This is the only E-Hero I will discuss, although there is more, simply because he is the only one diectly related to the glads. You know his effect, eveal a fusion monster, send on of the materials to the grave and boom, he has the name of the card you sent.

The Combo

This is the stratagy I have been telling you about, now thee ae two ways of doing this, and I will go over both.

Have a gladiator beast on the field, summon Prisma, use his effect, reveal Gyzarus, and send Bestiari. Contact fuse the exsisting glad and your prisma to bring out Gyzarus and attack. Use Gyzarus' effect and SS Laquari, and Darius. Use Daisu to SS Bestiari from you grave. Now contact fuse all 3 to SS Heaklinos and just negate til you win.

This one is a little faster and only takes on turn. Summon Prisma and use his effect to reveal gyzarus and send Bestiari. Then special summon test tiger from your hand. Use tiger's effect, send prisma back to your deck, SS Darius, SS bestiari, and contact fuse for Gyzarus. Now unffortunately this combo stops here. But it's nice to pop your opponents back ow to set up for your next turn to get your Heraklinos out, but it is still a little disapointing to not do it in one turn. You can do this with a glad beast already out, but at that point why waste the test tiger, just use the first combo.

Deck Composition

This is my personal deck, and from a ton of experience it works fantastically. Just make sure you know what you are doing before you use it.
https://i.imgur.com/lPDgY.png

Conclusion
They are fun. That's it. They ae fun to use, and way stronger then you would first think. Not much else to say. Go rape the meta-game with you new found knowledge.
Back to top Go down
GalaxyWolfz
Stardust
Stardust
GalaxyWolfz

Stats
Lv: 4
Experience Bar:
Deck Article #5: Gladiator Beasts Left_bar_bleue0/20Deck Article #5: Gladiator Beasts Empty_bar_bleue  (0/20)

PostSubject: Re: Deck Article #5: Gladiator Beasts   Deck Article #5: Gladiator Beasts I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 11:54 pm

Heraklinos is 3000atk not 3100atk ^^

They are many different variants as well:
Pure Glads, Icarus Glads, Synchro Glads(Not that good), AHL Glads, Hero Glads, Rabbit Glads(Dead), Control Glads.

I'm currently using the control version right now but a build with Neo Alius seems interesting. Thinking of trying out a control build with the heros ^^

Another combo that you can do with AHL glads is to use A Hero Lives to special summon a prisma. After that, you either
1. Activate Prisma's eff and summon a random GB monster.
2. Activate Prisma's eff and sp a test tiger, return Prisma(Bestiairi) to sp Darius, grab Bestiairi.
3. Activate Prisma's eff, summon another prisma and use its eff as well.
Back to top Go down
Prof. Leon Chance
Stardust
Stardust
Prof. Leon Chance

Stats
Lv: 6
Experience Bar:
Deck Article #5: Gladiator Beasts Left_bar_bleue25/30Deck Article #5: Gladiator Beasts Empty_bar_bleue  (25/30)

PostSubject: Re: Deck Article #5: Gladiator Beasts   Deck Article #5: Gladiator Beasts I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 9:57 am

Not sure why I put 3100, but yeah, again, I just wanted to focus on the Hero Glads variant since I find it to be the most consistant and easy to use. AHL works in this deck as well, and I should probably be running it anyway. But I don't think just adding one card makes it a totally different variant. And even with it all it does is gets you the second combo without test tiger. Althogh if you do have AHL, a glad, and test tiger in your hand then you can do an instant Heraklinos.
1. AHL, SS prisma
2. Use effect, reveal Heraklinos, send laquari
3. Summon random glad
4. Use test tiger, send that glad back, SS Darius, SS Lquari, contact fuse for Heraklinos
5. Situational: If that andom glad is a bestiari, contact fuse to Gyzarus, clean up the field, Attack, SS Darius and whatever you may need(Depends on if you need to clean up the field. If not then just go retiari and banish something) SS Laquari and grab Heraklinos.
Bottom line, AHL is a great tool to have in a Hero Glads Deck.
Back to top Go down
GalaxyWolfz
Stardust
Stardust
GalaxyWolfz

Stats
Lv: 4
Experience Bar:
Deck Article #5: Gladiator Beasts Left_bar_bleue0/20Deck Article #5: Gladiator Beasts Empty_bar_bleue  (0/20)

PostSubject: Re: Deck Article #5: Gladiator Beasts   Deck Article #5: Gladiator Beasts I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 6:15 am

It's not actually just adding in that one card to change it into another variant. It focus on that card instead, there are other cards that will be added into the variant to support and focus on that card ^^

I used to like AHL glads but after awhile I've changed mine to control glads. The reason why I don't like AHL glads is that AHL pays half your life point and when I use AHL glads, my lp drops really quickly. Veiler killed my Prisma. I summon Prisma, activate eff drop Bestiari, they drop veiler. >< I don't really like to spam Gyzarus that much cos quite often when I used my AHL glads, I activate AHL, combo, sp Gyzarus(Alr paid half lp). My opponent either just bottomless, solemn warning/judgment, divine wrath, starlight road and my Gyzarus' gone along with half of my lp. It's kind of a riskier variant in my opinion.

Control Glad's really nice and I love them >< Many times my opponent will only have 1 monster on the field maximum due to my control cards. I'll just summon a big monster and they'll have to somehow get a monster that can run over it while only being able to have 1 monster on their side of the field max ^^ (I'll have spell/traps to protect against theirs)

Ultimately, it depends on each and everyone of us. Different people prefer different playing styles and they have their own unique opinions on the different variants ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deck Article #5: Gladiator Beasts   Deck Article #5: Gladiator Beasts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deck Article #5: Gladiator Beasts
Page 1 of 1